Saturday, January 3, 2009

Tired of the Messis, C. Ronaldos, and Ronaldinhos

It's been quite a while since I've posted my last post. And, I am sorry. I've just been busy with school, work, etc.
In addition of wanting to post something on my blog, I also wanted to express my opinion.
I am tired of all the people who just praise Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, or Ronaldinho... my question is: Have you guys ever watched Soccer/Futbol?
The "contemporary" soccer fans just don't appreciate other players who do their job quietly.
Who are those players? Javier Mascherano, Gennaro Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo, Pavel Nedved...just to name a few.
Nowadays, modern fans just appreciate those players who are fanzy with their moves or who just play for them, the fans.
That's not soccer, that is just a circus for you to enjoy them juggling and juggling...
The true fan knows what I am talking about.
Soccer in the past was more....soccer.
Where are the praise to players in the past such as Kiko, Luis Enrique, Frank De Boer, Marc Overmars, Pedrag Mijatovic, Sinisa Mihailovic, Gaizka Mendieta, Valeri Karpin, Paul Ince, Fernando Redondo, Marcel Desailly, Patrick Mboma...?
I bet you remember those names...

No comments: